... / ... / Visa and immigration / Immigration



Welcome to Erasmus MC!  If you are offered a position or a period of hospitality, please make sure the contact person of your department will inform the International Office about you coming to the Netherlands. As soon as the International Office is informed, the International Office of Erasmus MC will contact you and will inform you about the procedure to be followed to arrange your stay Erasmus MC. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at internationaloffice@erasmusmc.nl.

Coming to work in the NetherlandsEU, EEA or Swiss nationality
If you are a citizen of an EU or EEA member state, or Switzerland, you may travel to Rotterdam without a visa. You are free to stay and work in the Netherlands. You do not have to register with the Dutch Immigration Office (Immigratie en Naturalisatie Dienst, IND).

Nationals from Australia, Canada, Monaco, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Vatican City or the USA
You do not need a travel visa. Upon arrival, however, you will need to apply for a residence permit.

Non-EU nationalities
For citizens of non-EU or EEA states, a visa and residence permit are required.

Please also check the IND brochure "Coming to work in the Netherlands"  for further information.