... / ... / ... / Before you arrive / Immigration




EU, EEA, or Swiss nationality
If you are a citizen of an EU or EEA member state, or Switzerland, you may travel to Rotterdam without a visa. You are free to stay and study in the Netherlands.

Citizens from Australia, Canada, Monaco, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, or the USA
You do not need a travel visa. The university will apply for a residence permit on your behalf, upon arrival in the Netherlands. 

Other non-EU nationalities
For citizens of non-EU or EEA states, a visa is required. One of the International Office employees will contact you as soon as possible to start the application procedure.

If you are NOT the holder of a student grant or scholarship, you will be asked to pay the non-refundable visa fee of € 300.

Please take into account that it will take several weeks to process your visa. The visa application deadline for students arriving for the coming academic year (program entry in September) is May 15.   

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your visa, please don't hesitate to contact us .

If you wish to read about the university immigration procedure for students in greater detail, please visit the EUR visa website .